Springerknie - Jumper's Knee
Rupture or inflammation of the patellar tendon due to overloading. Athletes competing in jumping and throwing disciplines, volleyball, basketball, handball and football players, as well as weightlifters, are often affected.
- Pain in the patellar tendon in connection with activity.
- Pain and stiffness during and after exertion.
- Stiffness in the mornings.
- Swelling under the patella and pain caused by pressure.
- Overloading of the patellar tendon.
- Reduced strength in the front thigh muscle.
- Insufficient rehabilitation after earlier injury.
- Orthotics to lessen the pressure on the patellar tendon.
- Avoid activity that causes pain.
- Rehabilitation programme gradually increasing in intensity.
- Possibly an operation if the injury does not heal.
- Taping (Contact a physiotherapist or person skilled in taping).